Monday 12 December 2011

Receipts

So why do I not have a nail on a piece of wood and put on every receipt I ever get so that I have them.

why do I have receipts for every loaf of bread I bought at Waitrose over the last month but I have come a cropper over receipts recently and STILL I don't learn.

I returned a curtain track to B&Q where nearly all the fixings were missing. I had already cut it (although didn't own up to that) but I had no proof of purchase, nor original packaging. I think the fact that I had a) clearly been crying and b) had not washed, brushed my teeth or my hair and looked like a woman seriously on the edge helped my case in gaining a full refund.

I have managed to save the receipt for a duplicate Horrid Henry book worth £3.99 which I can simply exchange at Asda. Yet I do not have the receipt for a Batman costume in the wrong size from Argos.  A fact I have hidden from Husband who has actually been out and bought a 2nd Batman costume from another Argos this morning as they are selling like hot cakes. Gaahh....  He is under the impression I will swan to Argos tomorrow produce the receipt and simply get a full refund. I will in fact clear out the car in search of receipt, try to get some screen shots of my bank account statements (as I am green and do not get paper copies nor do I have a printer) and try to blag a refund and probably end up with an Argos gift card for £22.99 when I have finished my christmas shopping already.

Bloody receipts. I should set up a file for them....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment